- Dealing with cable splay. (The way that cables worked above stockinette or garter will pucker the fabric.)
- Anna Zilboorg’s perfect buttonholes. Complicated but satisfying and beautiful. (Easier isn’t always better.)
- Working in pattern while shaping the fabric (increasing or decreasing).
- double chain cast-on, based on lucet cord, but done entirely on knitting needles.
- Tillybuddy’s very stretchy cast-on for ribbing. I’ve linked to the short version – if you like something more verbose, there’s a link to it there.
Miscellaneous fiber arts: